Tuesday, August 5, 2014

short and sweet.

Hello, family! 

First off! Mom, I did get my package for National Lollipop Day! Haha, I LOVED it so much :) Best lollies I've had in ages and enough to share! Thank you!

The highlight of this week was Lindsay! That is for sure. I have so much to do today, but I want to be sure to tell you about this week! I also want each of you to understand how extremely happy I am right now. I sure do miss each of you and I really don't like being so far away from you all and only hearing from you once a week. It is so hard to not have you. But somehow, I am still SO happy! It doesn't make sense, but it does. I never really believed that completely forgetting yourself truly would make you happier, but now I know it does. I am so thankful for this opportunity I have had to actually try that one out!

So, Lindsay! She has been meeting with sister missionaries for well over a year now. That is such a long time! She has NEVER been to church, not even once. Until yesterday! I am so happy. The past couple of weeks have been absolutely critical for her progression and it all happened BECAUSE of the ward members. I know with all of my heart that God is in control and has a plan and has certain timing for each of His children. We have tried time and time again to use the members of the congregation so that she could develop friendships and feel comfortable enough to come to church and it has never worked out. And suddenly, this week! It all clicked. Lindsay must have finally been ready to progress and God knew it and everything fell into place. She was fellow-shipped by so many amazing people from Oak Hills and helped and loved by so many people. I am so grateful I have been here to experience her progression. It has taken such a long time, but I know God loves Lindsay and He has made it possible for her to move forward. We had a great lesson with her this week right before church. We talked about how meeting with us really has helped her faith to increase and we helped her to see how that was true. We talked about how her faith has been steadily increasing to the point where she is now where she can apply that faith into an action - coming to church! We then talked about how she can continue to increase that faith and continue to put into actions. Like baptism! We will be setting a date for her baptism soon, we are so excited because she is finally seeing progress in herself. I love her! Anyways, I love the gospel and I love teaching it!
{Lindsay and her two SWEET, crazy, cute boys who joined us for church. They are an amazing family and I love them with all of my heart! It was one of my favorite Sundays for sure.}
 {making cupcakes with my favorite CHY!}

{Macey! I got to lick the sour cream spoon. Remember how I used to think you were revolting. (disregard my oily face! It is SO hot here!)}

 {This is Mama Paez! We love her :)}
{The Visitors Center with Barry and Renee! I love them SO much}

{Hiking in the Oregonian Forest!}

 {We made it to the top. We are @ Pittock Mansion and looking over all of Portland!}

{Pittock Mansion w/ the ELDERS}

{Our Bishop's ginormously fat cat, lying amidst the sea of Nike's. He is a designer at Nike!}

{My shoe that Bishop designed and gave me. The secret message he left me in the shoe!}
{My spoils from the Bishop and his wife. I <3 the Young's! Nike's he designed. Herbal tea to get rid of my acne. And oils to also get rid of my acne. It's been a big problem of late! But, I am spoiled here!}

 {I hope this happens to me for the rest of my life. I forgot I had a stack of mormon.org cards in my pocket! I will miss being a missionary!}

 {Playing with my favorite kiddos!}
 {Sunday pictures!}

 {Sunday Pictures!}

{Sunday Pictures!}

Sorry this is so short! I am so out of time. WE HAVE SO MUCH TO DO TODAY! I love you and I hope you are having a great, great week! Keep enjoying summertime :)

XOXOXXO <3

Love you forever. Love you for always!

Sister Kerr 

CHALLENGE: Please write and tell me your plot to get happiness. What have you learned that makes you happy? I LOVE ADVICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment