Friday, April 4, 2014

Another beautiful week!

Hello, hello! This past week was INCREDIBLE, I just know we are so
blessed and I LOVE how I feel out here on my mission. I have been so
blessed with my amazing companion, sister Porter, amazing people to
teach, lovely ward members who make me feel like family, and so many
miracles! Let's begin recounting.

One of my favorite things this week was dinner with the Wood family.
They are from Rigby, Idaho and fed us (drumroll please) ELK STEAKS!
Haha, I was so excited to have them, felt like I was back with my big
brother, hanging out in Ashton. It was delicious, but Sky's is of
course better. They are the sweetest family and have such strong
desires to do missionary work, they just moved in and are already
inviting their neighbors. They are going to be great!

We had a phenomenal lesson with Shauntah again this week! And it was
on Facebook! :) Whoa, how cool? We talked about receiving personal
revelation and answers to our questions. We sent her an incredible
video about how we can receive answers like the rising of the sun or
like a light switch flipping on. She said that when she first got the
Book of Mormon and read it that it felt like a light flipping on. But
now her answer to her question about baptism is like the rising of the
sun. She feels like it has risen about halfway and that she is still
awaiting the full risen answer. It was so great! By the end of the
lesson, she messaged us saying that everything felt a lot more clear
and that she was filled with hope that she would receive her answer. I
love helping people!

We had a couple of really miraculous lessons. Two women that we had
been wanting to meet with had not been able to set appointments for
quite some time. They weren't going to be able to meet at their homes
and both miraculously agreed to meeting us at the church house. The
spirit is so strong there and I never even realized it until we taught
there. They loved it and we loved it. They both came to the General
Women's Conference with us, to church, and to the visitors center at
the temple! Holy miracles! I just love them and cannot wait to keep
teaching. They are incredible.

I'm sorry this is such an awful email, we just got back from the Oregon
Zoo and I am wiped out and now we are at a zone pday and I CANNOT
FOCUS. Lo siento. This is such a pity because it really was like the
best week ever and this is the worst email I have EVER sent. Just know
that I am doing BEYOND splendid and am happier than ever and sweet is
the work :)

I love you all and am grateful for the letters/emails I received this
week, they made me so happy!

Xoxoxo, Sister Kensey Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment