Sunday, December 15, 2013

what a week.

Hello hello!

This week has been a whole lot to handle, but I have LOVED it! My dear, sweet companion is going home today for medical reasons, which has been really hard. I am going to miss her so much, but am so excited for her to get feeling better. She is such an incredible missionary and so full of love for all of the people we work with. We had a good, fun, productive, last week together though!

Best parts of this week would be:
1// going to the visitor's center with a girl we are working with, Emily! She is the funniest thing ever and of course, it was a wonderful night. The visitor center sisters did a special Christmas Devotional and the temple grounds were decorated for Christmas! The spirit is always so strong there. Including a huge, marble nativity that was in the reflecting pool. It was so gorgeous and really kicked off Christmas! Emily loved it and come to find out, invited a friend and went again later that week! She is so incredible.

2// Aloha 2nd Ward knows how to throw a party! Sister Dittmar and I helped decorate for the most intense ward Christmas Party that I have ever been to. The theme was The Polar Express, complete with a life-size train, pulled by primary-children dressed up as Rudolph. It was such a fun time. The ward members were great and got a lot of people to the party. We were able to spend the night with Heidi and Noah and the Levenseller's - which just equals out to a fun time! Oh ya, Sister Dittmar, Elder Pugmire, Elder Freshour, Brother Jenson and I all sang too and I did not laugh during it! 

3// BEST THING EVER. Miriam from Oregon City was baptized on Saturday in Molalla into the Spanish Branch and I was able to go! We sang hymns in spanish, I was once again "Sister Keeer", I got to see all of the Chavez's and Sister Stone and some of the members from OC. It was just a beautiful day. Molalla is in the boonies of our mission, so we got a lovely, long drive out there. It was so so so GREAT. I love them and that place. I got butterflies when we started to get close, that drive really felt like I was going home. I love Oregon City!

This has been a good week. I am sad to be leaving Aloha after a short time and I don't know where I will be going! Hopefully somewere in the Beaverton West Stake so I can keep close with all of the wonderful people here, especially so close to Christmas! And I should be back in Aloha 2 next transfer! 

Any mail you feel inclined to send should be sent to the mission office now!

Sister Kensey Kerr
1400 NW Compton Dr. Ste. 250
Beaverton, OR
97006
xxxxxxxoooooooo, 
Sister Kerr

No comments:

Post a Comment