Monday, September 29, 2014

This was a good week.

Hello, everybody! 

I feel like such a happy missionary today! It was such a great week and it was so nice to hear from so many of you this week and see and hear how you are doing! And I am so happy that all of you seem to be doing so well. I quite literally can see the blessings that Heavenly Father is pouring down on our family - it has become very clear to me! I am grateful for this week that cleared up my vision and helped me to see all the good that is around and happening, from Oregon to New York and with everyone in between! <3

Last week I mentioned that I have a new companion, Sister Jensen! And I sent a picture of us home...it has been concluded that both of us despise that picture. Haha! But, at least you got a picture. I love her to pieces! She has such a great personality that is so beyond easy to get along with and she is hilarious. I also just love having someone to talk to who thinks so much like I do, it has been really nice! I love companion study again! I love the Willamette Ward and I love serving with her as my companion. I know this is going to be a very fun transfer and that we will accomplish much together.

This week, I again was reminded of the importance of families. I have been thinking a lot about the way that we gain confidence and find worth in ourselves because of some of the people we are working with and some of the sisters in the mission. I realized that the best kind of confidence comes from feeling loved; loved by those around us, accepted by those around us, but also from feeling loved and accepted on a grander scale. We learn those feelings on a smaller scale first though, or at least we should learn them within our own families. I began to understand this week that I really am able to understand the love that my Father in Heaven has for me because I know how it feels to be loved from my family. Families reteach us the feelings of heaven! Isn't that so wonderful? I think it is so amazing that families have the capacity to do this, and it is a critical responsibility of families! We are working with several families at this time and are trying to help them live the teachings of Jesus Christ at all times in their homes; I know without a doubt that living those teachings does bring us SO many blessings. The way we love and teach others gives them the opportunity to understand the love Heavenly Father has for them, it makes it tangible!

Leads into...Phyllis! Phyllis is the woman we have been teaching for almost two months now. She is one who learned that God loved her through our relationship with her and the ward members reaching out to her. It has been so sweet and incredible to watch her change over the past couple months and find herself. She is so sweet and fun! She is always cracking me up, but so inspiring too. I really love her! 

There are also several younger girls in our ward without great family situations and I have really started to notice the things I was talking about earlier with confidence and self-worth. Sister Jensen and I are both really invested and ready to focus a lot of our efforts on strengthening the youth of this ward who do not have the family experiences that would help them most. I am excited to help them understand that they are loved for who they are and not for what they do. I really am prayerful that it will help them and that they will allow it to help them. It would have the potential to really change the direction of their lives and help them to be happier for eternity! 

Well, fambino! I love you all to pieces. Legitimately love every single piece of each and everyone of you. You give me more strength than you will ever possibly understand. I am so happy that I will get to spend eternity with my favorite family! I hope you all are finding joy in all you're doing. I truly love hearing about your adventures, big and small, they are exciting to me. I love love love you! XOXOXO. 


 {Who says Oregon is not an exotic mission? Haha, can you believe I did it!}




//Sister Kerr

p.s. On with the family theme...I can't wait for the sweet little kiddies coming to the family in 2015! I really am so excited to have some more Kerr's to love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment